Thursday, September 07, 2006

Notre Dame Thoughts

Yesterday was hump day and now it is time to start focusing on Samford, but let me just throw in my thoughts on the game and ND in general.

1. ESPN Gameday was awesome. Our tailgate was set up right next to Bunger-Henry and so we could see almost everything. I love that this game had so much press and excitement around it. The only thing I was surprised about was how quickly they tore everything down after the show. I was a student when they came to campus in 2000, and I don't really remember that much about it, so maybe this is the way they do things. Either way, it was awesome to have so much of the college football world focused on Tech and our game with the Irish. And there were no UGA flags.

2. The game was great. It seemed like 12 hours of tailgating had worn people out by the second half, but everyone still managed to get up for the big plays and for the most part the stadium was going bananas. Notre Dame fans were really cool and with few exceptions have I ever had such football focused discussions with an opponent's fans. I was very impressed and would look forward to a game with Notre Dame any time. I think a lot of the Tech fans I spoke with felt the same.

As for my last post which drew so much fire from Notre Dame fans, not that I think any of you are reading now that the game is over and you have Penn State to think about and post angry comments on their blogs, get over it. You are Notre Dame fans, your school is probably the greatest football program of all time. People love to take shots at those who are on top. Because you are so prolific the times when you fall short or take missteps, perceived or real, it gets noticed. Do you think the Yankees care that everyone wants their team plane to crash in a fiery inferno?

I posted my buddy's article to stir up emotions before the game. He constantly rants about Notre Dame and chose to collect all of his thoughts in one article. I do not care that much about Notre Dame but he does, so I did not fact check. If there were factual errors, I am sorry. Please note that my friend's article was posted BEFORE THE GAME. I have nothing but respect for Notre Dame and their fans and I hope you run the table from here on out. Your team was classy and so were your fans. I have no hard feelings about the game and I hope no one else does either.

Now onto Samford...lets score at least one touchdown a half, and show the world we got game. -yb

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing exciting happening lately. I've just been letting everything happen without me lately. Basically nothing seems worth doing, but whatever. I've just been staying at home not getting anything done.
- yellowblazer.blogspot.com u
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a online soccer game site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home