Wednesday, January 25, 2006

86 - 74: Flashes of Greatness and Flashes of Crazy


Well with no television it is difficult, but I went to my local pub, the Blackhorse and pulled the "lone Tech fan cheering for GT in the midst of a sea of red pulling for Lousiville" act. Here is my preliminary analysis: we are not good at running a half court offense. It seemed to me that we were in slow motion. Our passes were not crisp enough, it seemed that the guy the play was designed for was always double covered before he could do anything with the ball. And what is with these crazy passes? How many times did we throw it away tonight when Maryland went to a full court press? Maybe it just seemed like a lot to me. There were times we looked really good, but what is with these peaks and valleys throughout the game. One field goal in the first 12 minutes of the second half. That is not the way to take down a top 25 team like Maryland, even with their best player gone. It is not like the effort wasn't there, it just seemed like we went as cold as a penguin's bottom. I don't know enough about basketball to explain it, maybe you can.

Now we're only one game above .500, my goal for this season. We've got some winnable games coming up in Virginia Tech, Miami, and FSU before we have NC State again, UNC away, Maryland away, and then Duke and Wake at home before trying to get some road revenge against Clemson. Not too much room for error there. -yb

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home